Friday 18 March 2022

Mmmmmm, Burgers....From The BBQ :P

There's another sure sign Spring is in the air: I managed to convince SW that he needed to do burgers on the BBQ. He makes the BEST burgers....and meatloaf....and wings. And, of course, the first BBQ of the season tastes that much better.


 
I truly am lucky to have the man I have. He's willing to pitch in with anything....except maybe sewing. Lol...he says he'd probably only do it once and get fired.

I started my day be beginning work on what I am calling the "Pantry Project". I got a coat of tinted primer on the board, and notched out the space for the door handle. 



I was going to begin the framing for the unit but realized when I picked up a couple of the pieces of MDF trim that I have lying around, that was going to make the project too heavy. Man, that stuff has some weight to it! must be the binder they add to the sawdust to make the composite. So, new plan... I'm going to use pine trim for the framing. SW thinks we might have some high up in the garage (I couldn't find any in the places I was looking), so we'll have a look tomorrow. Fingers crossed or it will mean a trip into the Building Centre.

Since I couldn't move any farther on the Pantry Project, I decided to work on my "Out Of The Box" quilting project. My first job today was to get the runner quilted. I decided to play a bit with my new machine by doing some fancy stitches where I would have done "stitch in the ditch". I then debated what to do in the larger black spaces. I landed on a simple geometric design, but couldn't decide it I should do that with black thread, or get bold/brave and do it with turquoise thread (more of the pop of colour I added according to the parameters of the project). I chickened out and did the quilting with black thread....which doesn't show much. In retrospect, I probably should have gone for it and used the turquoise thread :(


According to the parameters, I have the black, I have the white, and I have the pop of colour. The last parameter was to have a circular element. This could have been achieved through the use of fabric, or through quilting it in circles. It could be achieved by having a circular pattern, or by adding a circular embellishment. I chose the latter. I am adding buttons, in the same pop of colour as the fabric I used, for my circular element. Unfortunately, I only have 3 of the buttons I like, and there are five spaces that need a button. I'm fairly certain I will be able to get more of the same as they came in a mixed-box from Walmart and are something they generally carry. If you look closely, you can just make out the fancy stitch lines in the turquoise section (it's kinda lost in the black and white unless you are close up).



It being Friday, and the day speaking of Spring in the air, it might just be a good night for a Fuzzy Lemonade :)

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...