Friday 11 March 2022

Hearing Voices

No...I'm not going crazy by hearing voices in my head. At least not yet!

This morning when I woke up, there was a recorded message on Messenger from my daughter. She was sharing with us that there was a lovely gentle snowfall happening in Ottawa...her words "The snow is just moseying down", and it was making her feel cozy and happy. She then challenged us (we have a "Ladies Group" message board) to share something that was making us happy today. My "udder dudder", Ana, then tried to share her happy bit with her dog, Pekoe, while her cat was talking loudly in the background. I HAD to share that what made me happy was hearing their voices :) We message back and forth a lot, but don't often "talk". Tasha and Abbie added to the thread in their own time, too. It was just SO nice to hear their voices. And then....the comedy set in! Abbie accidentally butt video called us all :D Of course, there was a lot of laughter with that!

Once I got myself downstairs, I continued to work on my strips for the background of Wanderer's Wife. 

After I got everything done for Section 10, I decided the next logical section to work on was Section 9 and then Section 8 (just above Section 10)


When I got up to iron some strips, I noticed that the guys from last weekend were back in front of our place with their ice fishing hut. They were there ALL day. Man....they are die-hard fishermen! They had at least 4 holes going at once (that I could see). I wonder if they caught anything? At one point, when I let Jade out, I heard the one guy say to the other that his wife had dinner going in the crockpot. I guess maybe she was hedging her bets :)

This one piece of strips from Section 9 has me a little puzzled. Not sure how we're going to attach the block that belongs in that corner. I guess maybe we'll have to open the seam a bit to get it done???


I got as far as beginning work on Section 6 (right next to section 10 at the bottom), but did not get it done before it was time to get started on supper.

What's for supper, you say? Tonight I am indulging in a guilty pleasure while SW is away for his boy's weekend. He cannot eat eggs. He can barely stand the smell of cooked eggs! So, while he is away, I have made myself a Quiche Lorraine...fresh out of the oven and resting while I blog.


And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...