Tuesday 12 April 2022

Trying Again....Four Agreements For Life

Lol...before I "Publish" my post, I really should check to be sure I've included what the title alludes to. I usually set my title before I start typing. I didn't realize, until just now, that I totally gapped on what I wanted to talk about yesterday. So...I'll try that again. You know what they say about "If at first you don't succeed..."

Every once in a while, I visit Pinterest to see what's new. Once the novelty wore off, I usually only went to it if there was something specific I was looking for...like building ideas for a pantry shelf. The other day when I visited the site, an inspirational page came up. I saved it to my "Inspirational" board, and then I thought...why not use this as a discussion piece for my blog that day. It's called "The Four Agreements". They are definitely good premises to live by.


While I like all 4 agreements, the last one really spoke to me: ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST I always told my students NOT to measure themselves against someone else's best. Rather, they needed to measure themselves against their previous best. Those discussions about their work often became their "Next Steps"....what they could do better or differently next time.

What agreement speaks to you???

Today was SUCH a gorgeous day! We were able to keep the sliding door open ALL day!


This morning, when we had a coffee break on the deck, we could see that the dock was just barely free from the ice.


By this afternoon, it was MUCH more free :)


And then Steve noticed something that got him quite excited. You can just make it out in the photo.

There's a large, long crack in the ice that goes all the way across. YAY! Won't be too long before the ice is gone.

Because I was very busy taking care of "house" stuff today, I did not get any sewing or painting done today. And tomorrow, I am heading south for an overnight with my parents (my mother has been unwell and I want to check in and do some jobs/errands for her). While there, I won't be able to blog....their technology does not extend beyond their TV.

On that note, I wish you all a very good night....and a lovely tomorrow :)

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...