Saturday 9 April 2022

Quilt Blocks And Barn Blocks

 When I was doing my usual routine over coffee this morning, I saw this on my Instagram feed.


It reminded me of Steve and his additions to grocery lists. I learned very quickly to check my lists before leaving the house in case I needed something to be decoded. For example....do you have any idea what "bovine regurgitated by-product" is??? If I hadn't asked him, I would not likely have come home with milk.

I also saw this, and thought it was very good advice to live by. It's about flipping your perspective to the positive :)


Today, I worked on two quilting projects.....but only one involved sewing. My UFO Club project was to finish the blocks for a project I signed up for 2 years ago. It's called Hip Hop. The pattern was designed by Wanda from Thimbles & Things. When I stopped sewing today, I only have 3 large blocks and 3 small blocks left to do.


The other "quilting project" I worked on was the barn blocks I began the other day. Today, I chalked in the lines for the "seams".


Then, I used thin painter's tape to ensure those lines would remain black once I paint the sections out. It'll end up looking a bit like stained-glass.


I also got the white sections painted, but didn't take a picture of it. I'll update that tomorrow. At this point in the evening, it's time to put my feet up and relax a bit.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...