Wednesday 6 April 2022

Stisted Stitchers

Today, as we usually do on Wednesdays, Lyn and I got together for some sewing. This time, however, we decided to head to the Aspdin Hall to rejoin our old sewing friends the Stisted Stitchers. Once COVID closed things down, we were no longer able to meet each Wednesday. Once things began to open up again, the group began to meet again, but neither Lyn nor I were entirely comfortable opening ourselves up to groups....especially during the winter when people are more likely to get sick. But now....Spring has sprung, and we were ready.

It's surprising how much you have to think about when you are leaving your normal sewing space. What project will I work on? What do I need to remember to take with me so that I can do the job? What shall I take for lunch? SO much to think about....because it's too far to hop home (like if I'm at Lyn's place or she's at mine) and get what you need. And getting it into the car!?!?! My new sewing machine is definitely NOT lightweight! Still, I managed all of it, and didn't forget anything :)

It was so nice to see the ladies, and to see what they all were working on. Eileen was working on rebinding an old quilt.


Eva was working on a "Whimsical Bicycle" pattern. It's not by Laura Heine, but it reminds me of her patterns.

Elaine (not Theriault) was working on Christmas blocks.

Barb was working on what I believe she called a UFO. I really like the colour way of her blocks.

Lori had a flimsy ready to layer. That hot pink adds such a nice punch of colour to the quilt.


Lyn was working on a small table runner filled with blue and white half-square triangles.


The rest of the ladies were working on a special project....a quilt in the colours/theme or the Ukraine, which they plan to donate to a family that will be coming to live in the area. The pattern they are using is stunning!


As for myself, I was working on one of my UFOs.....but I can't post the picture for it yet :)

When I got back home and got everything unloaded and put away, I was hit with a wave of tiredness. Did you know that gravity really works? Yep! The couch pulled me in and I had a nap!

Tonight...it's raining here. And according to TWN, it's supposed to be rainy until Monday :o But I am dry and comfy inside....ready to watch Jeopardy.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...