Sunday 3 April 2022

Hey....Is That Really Square?

We started the day with a walk to the highway, and then came home to have some breakfast. Mmmmm! Sunday morning "hash" :P We had some left over fries from our trip to Bracebridge and Orillia the other day, so we decided to make a sort of hash with sautéed onions, green peppers, mushrooms, bacon bits, and diced fries.


After having a bite to eat, I headed down to do some sewing. While I was getting organized, I had to listen to this fellow squawking because the feeder was empty of sunflower seeds.

Okay...hold off on the sewing while I go re-establish peace!


Quiet restored! He's happily chowing down! Now, on to sewing pineapples. I managed to get the thin-stripped pineapples done.


The next step will be to take all the paper off the back of each block.


Next it was on to working on the thicker-stripped pineapples...for which I need to make 9. I got a good start on them, but did not get them done before needing to move ahead with supper plans. I got to the third round when I noticed something. Are those rounds really square? I don't think so. I took a closer look at the paper and, in fact, they are not square. Those blue lines and green lines SHOULD be parallel to the same colour, and perpendicular to the other colour. They definitely are NOT!

I did manage to get the fabric strips cut to finish the blocks :)

Sunday supper was really yummy! Ribs...rice....salad :P

I think it's time to watch a bit of TV and rip away some paper :D

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN





No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...