Monday 25 April 2022

Kitchen Krazy!

It was a very busy day in the kitchen today!!!

Steve works 3 days a week, but today he was home. We began the day with coffee, and then, after almost a week lapse for me, we did the "Highway To He77" walk. Until this past week, I had almost made that walk a habit. I must not let the weights of sewing homework, and the trips to my parents place, deter me from getting that walk in...at least when I'm home. Providing I don't have to be in Brantford really early, I should be able to get that walk in before heading South. Where my parents live, however, they do not have significant hills....so I wouldn't get my heavy breathing going....but I could at least get a good walk in.

After our walk, we headed to Sundridge to get some groceries...a few of the things I needed for my cooking/baking plans today. I am heading South again tomorrow, so I decided to make a few things to take along. It's just a little something I can do to make things a little easier on my mom.

When I got home, I put on a pot to make some chicken stock, and I got some of our wild blueberries out to make a dessert.



Once the stock was ready, I made some chicken rice soup. I was able to get 6 servings from the pot...4 to take with me and 2 for our freezer.


Then, I made a Hello Fresh version of Irish Stew (made with ground beef, not lamb). We had some for supper tonight. I'll be taking a healthy amount for my folks, and might even still have some for the freezer.
Finally, I made some blueberry crisps....2 for my Mom and Dad (not cooked; they can do that when they're ready to eat them), and of course, one for us!


And somewhere in between all of that, I was able to finish The Stranger In The Lifeboat by Mitch Albom. As with many of his books, there are religious undertones. This one seems to be somewhat heavier in that direction. It was an interesting read. There was much that gave me pause to think or consider. 

My next read is going to be The Weight Of Ink by Rachel Kadish. And then, I'll be caught up with all of my Sweet Reads reading. Whew! At least, until the next box arrives (my friend's turn to send to me).

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night! Talk to you again Thursday :)

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...