Friday 1 April 2022

Yay! Internet Restored

 What an odyssey it was getting the internet back up! Turns out that the issue was not the modem at all....it was the outside receiver that needed to be replaced. But....it's done now :) and I can catch up on my blog. I will try to keep the update as brief as possible.

On Monday, the temperatures dropped so it felt like just the right kind of day to make porridge...with raisins...and brown sugar. It's something I hadn't done for quite some time. My other half, who walked Her Ladyship on his own that morning, certainly appreciated it :)

I also spent some time working on the next group of blocks for Wanderer's Wife. I did have one section of the larger block turned the wrong way and needed to fix that.


On Tuesday, I was VERY excited to start putting a few of the sections together for Wanderer's Wife. It's so wonderful to see this project starting to come together.


Wednesday was a very interesting day for us up here. We had freezing rain pretty much the whole day. This was the view out of our living room window.

That ice made things very interesting for us on Thursday morning. We had an appointment at the KIA dealership in Bracebridge at 8:30 to get an oil change. Since it takes at least 45 minutes to get there from our place, we had to leave quite early. Not only was our driveway a skating rink, the road out to the highway was also very icy. We weren't sure we were going to make it. But...we figured once we got to the 518 Hwy, we'd be okay. We were, but even that was not great. Our drive did not get better until we got onto Highway 11. 

We followed up the oil change with continuing South to make several stops (Thimbles & Things, Michaels, Staples, Costco,...). The sun had come out so all the ice had melted...even on the back roads.

As it was getting late Thursday afternoon, we did not get all the errands run, which meant I needed to finish that today. Let's just say, if the Apocalypse arrives tomorrow, we will be well positioned to survive for many months to come :P

This afternoon, I took some time to focus on stuff for my Sweet Reads. I finally finished the reading last night for 2021, and was ready to begin reading for 2022. The first book for 2022 is...


Since my notebook for Sweet Reads, which is not at all full, has gotten quite bowed with all the notes/cards I've put into it...

 I've decided to start a new notebook. I had the cover already decorated, but needed to consider what I was going to do for the 2022 Title Page.


This is what I did for 2020 and 2021.



I decided to do a quilt block idea...one that was a nod to the Ukraine. Not sure I'm crazy for how it turned out, but it's done :)


And on that note, I wish you all a good night!

TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...