Monday 18 April 2022

Fowl and Foul

What a bizarre day today! It was beautifully sunny this morning and this afternoon, the temperature dropped, the sky clouded over, and it began raining at about 6:00. My mood today definitely reflected the weather. For some reason, my mood was quite foul this afternoon. Thankfully, unlike the weather that hasn't improved, my mood has :)

It was a busy day, with a bit of this and a bit of that. I started with some painting on the barn blocks, and then I did some sewing. I continued to work on the HSTs (half-square triangles) for Tula's Butterfly. This has required some careful thinking as my colour way does not included the greens and yellows in the middle of the wings. Also, some of the blocks haven't been made yet, so I need to consider what colours/fabrics they will be, so that the transition is smooth. In order to be sure that I'm not missing any HSTs, and not duplicating any, I decided to use post-it note bits to mark each HST once I completed it.

Once I tired of sewing, I made calls to track down and order and to make an appointment to get the snow tires off the Sorento. Then, I headed into town to pick up dog food and Jade treats (HAVE to have Jade treats!), and run some errands. On my way out, I spotted a rather large Tom turkey on the neighbour's lawn. Unfortunately, he did not have his tail feathers fanned :(


The other thing we spotted today were some ducks out on the lake. Even with the binoculars, I was not able to determine what kind of ducks they were but they were making a sound like a stomach growling. Weird!

I also spent some time today looking into alternate living arrangements for my parents....hopefully closer to us. Still waiting to hear back.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...