Monday 4 April 2022

Do You Suffer From MPD?

 This morning, a friend of mine sent this to me. What is she suggesting???


She's not wrong. Years ago, I was very good at starting projects....not so good completing them. Even today, I do have a number of UFOs (mostly quilting), BUT I have certainly improved in this department. I have become more likely to complete projects I begin. That being said, there are some things that do seem to carry over as a long term projects. For example, there are still finishing touches needed in the upstairs spare bedroom. Also, I have yet to complete the rock work around the gazebo that I began last summer. Unlike when I was much younger (refinishing the wood desk that I bought for $65....NEVER got done!), these are projects that I know will get finished.

On my walk with Jade this morning, these fungus "shelves" caught my attention. I like the striated pattern on them. Steve calls things like this fairy homes :)


Before I got busy with sewing today, I dealt with the pile of books that was building up in the hall upstairs. The bookshelf for my "Sweet Reads" is up high and I need a kitchen ladder to be able to get the books up. Two years of "Sweet Reads" are now up on my shelf. 


At some point, I will need to move this shelf from the spare bedroom hall (which was our bedroom before) into the bedroom we are now using as our own, but I am waiting for something special to finish aging/drying. Last summer, a tree on our property needed to come down. There were several sections of good wood, so I had the neighbour...with a portable sawmill...mill as many boards as possible from the trunk. One of the projects I had in mind was a live-edge shelf for my collection of SR books. The wood should hopefully be cured enough by this summer to actually make and install the shelf. Fingers crossed!

For sewing today, I continued to work on the second set of pineapple blocks for Long Time Gone. Here, they're all together and just need to be trimmed up.

I got the paper removed from the backs of all 16 blocks. As fiddly as they are to sew, they are just as fiddly to get the paper removed. You have to remove the paper section by section, relying on the stitch line to act as a perforated line for pulling the paper away.


Once I got all the paper dealt with, I organized the blocks on my design wall as they will occur in the quilt. I am quite pleased with the results. The close-up shows the colours a little better.


Himself has Wheel Of Fortune on, and Jeopardy will be with us soon :)

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...