Friday 8 April 2022

Mind Over Bladder

 For some reason, I was up quite early this morning....before 7:00 even. Steve was shocked! I have no idea why. I'm generally not up until 8:00ish....sometimes even 8:30.

Being up that early gave me the opportunity to have 2 cups of coffee before Lady Jade came over to lick my arm...suggesting it was time to hit the streets of Almaguin. 

Heading down the driveway, I noted that the "swamp" area between our place and my neighbour Lyn's has pretty much fully melted. I wonder how long it will be before we begin to hear the peepers singing. I absolutely love this aspect of spring. While the incessant sound at night of the frogs singing might bother some people, for me, it lulls me to sleep. :)


As Jade and I were passing the severed property, we noted that there was much activity going on. We could hear a chainsaw at work...even heard one quite large tree drop. Although the photo angle doesn't show it, there are bins and piles of gravel at the site as well. I'm wondering if the owner is getting ready to build.


As we headed up the large hill going out to the highway (having descended the second large hill first), the run-off was running quickly and was VERY vocal. Two cups of coffee prior to the walk, and the sound of water running along the ditch as I walked, certainly tested me. It was definitely mind over bladder (rather than mind over matter). I had a few concerns about getting back home on time. In case you're wondering, I did make it....just!

I spent some time today preparing the boards for my Quilting Barn Blocks project. First was putting on a coat of primer, and then 2 coats of black (where the seams will show through). I'll let the boards cure for a day or so before beginning painting the quilt blocks.



In between all of that, I managed to get the blocks completed for this month's homework for Long Time Gone. I'm getting short on the creamy fabrics and two of the purple fabrics, so I'm glad we are getting close to finishing the blocks. Hopefully, I have enough left for the remaining blocks yet to be done. :/


It's very hard to see that there are purples in the blocks....they look black here :(

On the afternoon walk, Jade and I met up with Lyn and Molly (Jade's bestie and Lyn's French Bulldog). We both had a chuckle and both had to take this photo.


This is Kaiser (another friend of Jade's) who belongs to our neighbours Walt and Rachel. He looks so comfy in "Dad's" chair. He's climbed up and settled in while Walt was busy splitting wood. He's such a cutie!!! Looks like Walt is getting ready to change the tires on his vehicles, too!

And on that note, I wish you a very good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...