Tuesday 19 April 2022

Busy, Busy, Busy

Today was a VERY different day from yesterday. I was VERY productive, and very happy with my day :)

We woke up this morning to this?!?!?

It didn't last long, but the day could NOT figure itself out. It kept switching from rain to snow ALL day long. Right now, even, it's snowing again :P

Since I will be heading South again tomorrow to get my mother to an appointment and run some errands for her, I decided to do a few things for us and for them (my parents). First, I put the makings of a stew in the crockpot. Great for our supper tonight, and leftovers I can take to my folks tomorrow.

I had some bananas that were over-ripe so I decided to make some muffins. I did cheat by using an oatmeal muffin mix, but I added the mashed bananas and some chocolate chips. Nice for a quick breakfast for us and a few for a treat for my mom and dad.

When we were down at their place last week, I noticed that my mom has been using no-name strawberry jam....which means that she's out of what I made for her previously. She like nothing better for breakfast than bread with butter and jam. So...I decided to make a batch of strawberry jam for her using some of the strawberries I froze last June. Probably not quite as good as jam made when the strawberries are freshly picked, but pretty darn good none-the-less. Certainly better than no-name :D


I may not have time to do any sewing while I down with them tomorrow and Thursday, but I decided I would plan as if I would have time. With that in mind, I decided I would take what I need to complete my homework for "Out Of The Box". As well as getting my sewing machine and tools ready, I got the fabric organized and drew out the pattern (which I won't show yet).


I also finished painting one of the barn blocks, but was very disappointed when I began removing the painter's tape. There were bits of the dark blue paint that peeled away from the board :(   I did not pull all of the tape off as the yellow paint was the last colour I added a layer to, so it did not have enough time to cure yet. With the dark blue issue, I will have to do some touch-ups before I can say the job is done. I have to confess, however, that I do have some concerns about how well the design will stand up to the elements...regardless of the fact that I used and outdoor acrylic paint. I guess time will tell.


All that, and I even managed to start reading my next Sweet Reads book (only 2 months behind now).


I haven't gotten too far into the book yet, but it has already left me lots of questions and thoughts. I'm eager to get back to reading it tonight :)  Providing everything is alright with my mother and I am able to come back home on Thursday night, I will be back to the blog by Friday.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night! 

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...