Friday 22 April 2022

Waving Hello :)

My trip to my parents' place went well. Another "whirlwind tour" accomplished. Mom was much better than she'd been last time we were there. Even so, there are signs that age is catching up with her. She is starting to show signs of forgetfulness and confusion. Nothing to be overly concerned about as yet, but still evident. I was so happy that she was more her usual self.

On my way home, I stopped at Country Concessions (my second favourite quilt store) to pick up some Kona solids that I knew Thimbles & Things did not have in stock. I also picked up a quilting template set to learn another skill set. When I was there, I saw these really cute blocks. I may have to make them sometime!


I am always happy to get within five minutes of home. There is always a friendly wave when I come around the last bend of the highway. And I have to confess....as silly as some may think I am, I consistently wave back, too :)

This morning, after her walk, I found Jade working on her tan :)


Shortly after snapping this picture, the neighbour arrived to drop off the first load of firewood. I got up into the truck and helped him to unload it.


We're expecting 9 more loads as big as this one :o While I was sewing, another load arrived but I did not hear him at all!

My sewing today was to finish the homework for Tula Pink's Butterfly quilt class that was happening at 7:00 tonight. 

I was to make 136 HSTs (half-square triangles), and I managed to get all of them done just in time for the class. I did not get any of the background fabric pieces cut, but I will try to get that done with next months homework.


My latest read is calling me as I finish tonight's post.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...