Sunday 24 April 2022

Such A Headache!

 Yesterday was ALL about sewing. So much work to get done!!!!

I began with getting the background fabric cut for Tula Pink's Butterfly (homework I didn't get done before Friday's class) before putting the bin away until later this month. I used the list Elaine provided to be sure I got everything cut and sorted to its proper section.



And then I needed to buckle down and and get my Out Of The Box project done because the class was at 10:00 this morning. The parameters were to do something in blue and yellow, and use a machine foot you hadn't yet used. Blue and yellow immediately made me think of the Ukraine, so I decided something related to that would be my focus. I decided I would do a wall hanging with two sunflowers on it (sunflowers are the Ukraine national flower). I began work on it while I was at my parents' place, but only got the centre of the two sunflowers done.....AND I didn't get back to it until yesterday. Yes....I was definitely behind in getting my homework done!

I began by adding the next row of 1" finished yellow squares to both sunflowers. And then, I looked at the time and what I still had to accomplish. Okay....I'm only going to make ONE sunflower. AND, I'm going to switch from 1" finished to 2" finished for some of it. 

Let me just say....this whole project really stretched me. I ran into several brain-teasers along the way....and I had a LOT of stitch-ripping to do! If I hadn't wanted to have something to show Sunday morning, I think it would have become my next UFO! What a headache!!!

I finally managed to get to the point of working on the grass section of the panel. This was where I was going to use a foot I haven't used before. I decided that I would use my button-hole foot. I wanted to be able to string through ribbon, which I planned to twist, to give it a 3D element. I managed to get everything accomplished by about 6:00 last night, and I was reasonably pleased with the results. I think I may change up the ribbon to something softer so that I can create more twists.

What was not great was that I DID end up having a headache. Never a good thing!

This morning when I went down to my sewing room, I was greeted with chaos. It seems that the amount of chaos is inversely proportional to the amount of time one has to complete the work that needs to be done, and directly proportional to the timeline in which to complete it. The shorter the timeline and the more the work that remains, the greater the mess left behind :(  There were even Ghirardelli chocolate wrappers (3 of them) beside the sewing machine.




While I didn't get sewing done today (we had 4 cords of firewood to get stacked into the woodshed), but I did get things tidied up :)

I love this time of year....not only because I can do away with the layers of Winter clothing. Come the end of April and into May, there is another wonderful thing that begins. Hope you enjoy! I know I do!!! (Hope this works!)


And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN





2 comments:

  1. Would that be Spring Peepers chorus I heard ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was, Heather! I love how they lull me to sleep at night :)

      Delete

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...