Friday 29 April 2022

Three Ring Circus

So...I headed to my folks' place again this past week. On the way there, I had to stop at a train crossing for a train. I don't recall EVER having had to stop at this crossing before.


 It wasn't a long train...2 engines and 11 cars, but I'm sure it was very heavy work for the engines. All 11 cars were packed with bundles of lumber :o

I had another interesting thing happen, as well. I pulled in to Tim's to pick up a much needed coffee, and ALL 5 of the vehicles ahead of me were white! I wonder how often THAT happens!

When I arrived back home, and went to check the mail, I was very pleasantly surprised to find my next Sweet Reads had arrived. Yay!

I have to say....my friend REALLY spoiled me this time!!!

And now to explain the "three ring circus" reference. Every year at this time of year, we start the process of dealing with firewood. Loads of fresh wood arrive....we move all the seasoned wood, which we will burn next winter, into the woodshed and under the deck (for easier access), and then we stack the new wood to allow it time to season. We have already received 12 of the 15 face-cords of wood. Steve has already filled the woodshed. Today he began working on filling the racks with new firewood, and I worked on moving the seasoned wood from beside the garage to the remaining space under the deck.


This afternoon, I got to work on the next bit of homework...Holiday Table Runners. I didn't manage to get too far....there was a counter full of dishes that I didn't deal with last night, and the couch was calling me for a nap. I will have to see how much I can get done tomorrow morning before the class in the afternoon.


The day of cooking/baking before heading South, and the 2-3 days spent with my parents, has certainly affected my ability to get sewing done...and keep up with homework. I am certainly feeling overwhelmed, but....

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...