Monday 14 February 2022

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall....

 ...I am my mother after all!

There are MANY things I have learned in the course of my life, and, even though there are many things I did not learn from her....probably much to her chagrin,.... there are many things I can attribute to my mother. I had to smile today because I was totally doing something she would do. We had 3 "used up" bottles of lotion. I knew there was still lotion in each of the bottles, but the pumps would no longer work in bringing the lotion up and out for use. I decided to cut the bottles open so that I could scrape out the lotion. TOTALLY my mother! It was surprising that there was still at least 2/3 of a cup of lotion yet to be used :o

Last night, I finished the book I was reading....Diana Gabaldon's "Go Tell The Bees I Am Gone", and was ready to start my next book. I chose "The Paris Library" by Janet "Skeslien Charles, a book that I bought when Coles in Huntsville was still open, and I was still working there. I was missing the girls, so I sent them the following photo...with the shelf-talker they saved for me and gifted to me. It was so nice to hear back from them. The manager even sent back a photo with the book she was currently reading....complete with HER shelf-talker :)


Got a bit of sewing done this morning, but then needed to head into town to deliver the cabinet I had made (with SW's help) for the quilting group in Aspdin. Sorry....forgot to take a photo of it in its new home. I will have to do that once I am comfortable going back to the Wednesday quilting group :)

When we came home from dropping off the cabinet, and running some errands in town, I was SO happy to see so many birds coming to feed. There were many on the feeders on the deck, but most of them were ground-feeding below the deck.


I spent some more time this afternoon sewing. I now have the tops completed for the 6 placemats I started yesterday. As I was thinking about how I would quilt them, I thought that maybe I would add a bit of fancy stitching in the green strips. I kind of like stitch #155. I will take a page out of Elaine's book and sample it on a different piece of fabric before actually doing it on the placemats.


I'll spend a bit more time tomorrow looking over the options before I decide for sure!

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. I am WAY behind in reading your blog. Did you read all of Diane Gabadon books? I got through only the first one.

    ReplyDelete

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...