Wednesday 16 February 2022

This And That

 Today was a bit of "this and that"! Being Wednesday, it was my sewing day with the neighbour. She worked on trimming a bunch of blocks she already had made...


...and I worked on the placemats I've been making for our friends. I have all 6 layered and quilted....including the fancy line of stitching...., and they're ready for the binding to be put on.


After Lyn left, I got to work on the pantry...while the door was off. Yesterday, I showed what it looked like. It was so disorganized. With so many other people (SW, the kids when they visit) making use of this space, it is hard to keep it organized ALL the time. It's also helpful to "dig in" because it gives me a chance to check items for stale-dates. This was the pantry before...


....and this is it now :)

Doing this also allowed me to discover that we were low on a few staples, which I've now added to my grocery list. Being where we live, and at the mercy of weather during the winter, I do like to keep "extras" around.

When SW and Jade went to get the mail, this had arrived :D


I had purchased the software for EQ8, which was simply a download from the website, and I ordered these books as a way to learn more about using the software. The book on the left..."Lessons For Beginners"... will likely be the best place to begin. I am excited to get started. I think I should try to fit this in a little every day. I also need to try fitting in some free-motion quilting every day as well.

Here's another thing I need to start finding time for. A friend, who knows that I am trying to create perennial beds (which I've NEVER had before) that are appealing to, in particular, bees and butterflies, sent me an email the other day suggesting I might be interested in this free course being offered by the Canadian Wildlife Federation on wildlife-friendly gardening. Eventually, I would like to reduce our lawn to nothing....or virtually nothing.


But right now....it's time for Jeopardy :)

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...