Thursday 17 February 2022

Down Another Rabbit Hole!

 SW has been toying with the idea of getting the treadmill out from behind Her Ladyship's chair. 



At this time of year, the roads are pretty precarious for walking. Getting Jade out for a "stroll" is a must twice a day, but getting all of our 10,000 steps outside is not. We can't set the treadmill up downstairs because we need a minimum of 6.5' clearance....more if you're running. We ONLY just have 6.5' of clearance, so there's still a risk of whacking your head off a joist, sadly. We do eventually need to build a small gym building on the  property, but that's just not in the budget at the moment. The upstairs bedrooms have the necessary ceiling height, but we'd have to give up the spare bedroom and we need that when the kids come up (when all of them are here, we need sleeping for 10 adults + Baby Finn and anywhere from 2-4 dogs). The only other room that came accommodate it height-wise is the living room. Hmmm! Now, where too put it...everything being on the tight side. We're not worried about being in front of the slider as we don't tend to BBQ in the winter. And...we have another slider at the other end of the room. If we're desperate to BBQ, we can go out that way.

At first, we had thought that if we tucked our chairs further into the right corner, and moved Jade's chair further into the corner where the treadmill had been sitting, we could fit it in between. When we cleared out the corner, it was VERY obvious that the firewood makes a BIG mess!


It became quickly apparent that it wouldn't work putting it between the chairs. Not only would Jade not be able to get up in her chair, there was not way to place that chair that didn't look totally ridiculous! And, to set the treadmill up at the proper angle IN the corner would have meant getting rid of Jade's chair. That wasn't going to happen as there was nowhere else to put it. And...again...we need it when all the kids are up.


So, we decided to move our chairs "cheek-by-jowl" with Jade's chair. It allowed us to put the treadmill in the opposite corner.


The nice thing about it being there (for now) is that when company comes....as it someday will....we can fold the treadmill up, push it back, and move our "scrunched" chairs over. In moving our chairs, we decided it was time to effect some much needed repairs to the back of SW's chair.


Not an especially pretty solution, but it does the job. It's on the back of the chair anyway, so I didn't really care about appearance.


Of course, as with any moving project, one thing leads to another. I was no longer going to be able to store my hand-stitching on the end table that was within my reach before the treadmill got moved...


I also felt I needed to deal with all of the stuff that I was storing behind the small table between our chairs....all of which got put on the coffee table while we were working.


I decided that whatever I would keep close at hand HAD to fit into the white basket and could not be stacked on top. That meant doing a lot of sorting, weeding, and pitching....but I'm happy to say I was successful :)


The only thing left on the coffee table is my laptop that I use each night to blog, and a couple of mixed media books (weeded from my craft stuff when I rearranged my room downstairs) set aside for a friend who is interested in them.

After that, it was time to get busy on some quilting work. I did not manage to do any free-motion quilting, but I did spend a good amount of time completing lessons on EQ8.


I also got the binding done on 5 of the 6 placemats. Thank goodness Thimbles & Things has more of the olive green fabric I need...even though I don't need much. This project will now have to "rest" until I pick that fabric late next week.


It is VERY hard to believe that it is already almost 7:30! Where has this day gone???

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...