Sunday 20 February 2022

Too Much Tech Time Is Not A Good Thing

 Let me begin with an apology for not posting yesterday evening. Six-ish hours of quilt classes by Zoom plus another hour with friends from Guelph did me in in the technology department.

Yes...I did say 6-ish hours of quilt classes. My day began with Breakfast On The Barn Trail at 8:30. I'm not sure I like the homework for this month. It has nothing to do with the content...other than I've never really done appliqué. What I'm really not crazy about are the colours for this month's block. So much so that I might have to change it up.


I confess that, much like when I was a child in school, I got rather distracted. At one point, there must have been about 30 finches fighting to get to the feeder outside my window. I'm thinking I need to get a couple more feeders to hang on the stand.

The little guys were not especially impressed when "Harry" showed up. I may have to remove the suet feeder from this stand.



Immediately following the Barn Trail class, I hopped onto my class for the Wanderer's Wife.


There was just enough time after that class to "skip to the loo" and make myself a special coffee before signing onto Long Time Gone.


After this class, it was time to scarf down a quick lunch and then hop on for a Tips and Techniques class about batting. By the time I was done all that, I was exhausted. I am not used to sitting and doing virtually (no pun intended) nothing for such a long time. Take me out of my normal routines and I seem to tire more quickly. A nap was definitely needed :)

Just before supper, SW and I brought the newly painted pantry door back upstairs and reinstalled it. It looks great! Thanks my mister!


This morning was about getting a few things done before some company arrived for a short "vacation". These folks LOVE their coffee and often bring special items with which to make their coffee. Our kitchen is quite small and very limited in counter space, so they asked it it might be possible to set up a space where they could set up their coffee supplies without taking up real estate in the kitchen. Ask and you shall receive. We did set up an appropriate space, and SW even suggested it be named after our guests.


We also folded up the treadmill and tucked it into the corner.


This allowed us to take the "too tight" furniture....


...and move it over to make the living room look more normal again.

Knowing that a thaw was coming, I suggested that we stop ignoring the build-up of snow on the deck outside the back door. It was up to my "whoowhoo". That amount of snow would become VERY heavy once things warmed up. Also, this is an emergency egress...should we not be able to get out the bottom door.

What a job that turned out to be!!!! The snow shovel couldn't break up some of the snow...my guess is because it had compacted over time...so I needed to actually use a spade to break it up before shovelling it away with the snow shovel. It took a while, but the job was accomplished :)




I am definitely tired this evening :P

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...