Sunday 29 May 2022

Myiwanna Day + Zoom Quilting Retreat = Amazing Day!!!

What a fabulous day!!! And so productive.

On the morning walk, I spotted this flower along the side of the road. I'm not sure what it is, but it's really sweet looking. The plant stands about 4-5 inches tall. There were several of them blooming along the way. I think maybe I should download a plant identifier app.

I was a little sad that I wasn't able to capture this apple tree in full bloom. The storm that happened while away blew pretty much all the blooms off of the tree, sadly :(


While she was here, Tasha took the time to "highlight" the work she did 2 years ago burning this sign. This time, she highlighted the lettering with some black outdoor paint. I think it looks great!!! It just needs another few coats of sealant....which I hope to get to later this week.

So...today was another Quilt-Retreat-By-Zoom Day. It is sooooo enjoyable being able to sew in the virtual company of these ladies. I can't believe how quickly 8 hours passed. You know what they say..."Time passes quickly when you're having fun." I managed to get SO much work done today!!! I began by finally getting the hemming done on a dress that the neighbour asked me to shorten by about 5"....so that the heels of her shoes would stop catching on it every time she stood up from playing her harp. Btw...if anybody needs a harpist for a wedding (or other event) look up Rachel Eason. Also btw...that's the first time I have tried to create a hyperlink in this blog. I hope it worked! Anyway...here's hem done :)


I also finished to flimsy for the next Holiday Table Runner class.


AND....I got the 60-degree-angle blocks done for Long Time Gone. Wahoo!!!

Now I just need to make some checkerboard sections and I can assemble the whole quilt. So excited to see what this quilt will look like once done :) But now it's time for some down time!

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...