Sunday 15 May 2022

All Matters Quilt....Almost

Such and amazing and enjoyable "Myiwanna Day" (aka Sunday)! I actually slept in until 8:39 this morning. To be honest, I woke, rolled, and slept some more a few times before actually getting up. Once up, I had just enough time to get dressed, get a coffee, and head down to my sewing room for this month's UFO Club Zoom. I can't show you yet what I'm working on. It needs to remain a secret until about mid-summer :) One of the ladies (Susan) in the class, though, has inspired me. I have been wanting to make a LARGE area rug, but wasn't quite sure how to accomplish it. She was making "quilt-as-you-go" blocks, and I think I can do something similar to make the rug.

 I'll have to figure out the best way to put the blocks together when I'm done, but I know exactly who to ask for advice ;)

After my class, it was time for some breakfast and more coffee. Of course, that's also my time to read a certain blog (crazyquilteronabike.blogspot.com) and do a bunch of other things on my iPad (play NYTimes Wordle, check Facebook, look at the news, play some silly games, check the forecast,...). 

Once breakfast/break was done, Steve and I hit the road. We decided to take the back roads to our destination. Such a pretty drive! We were heading to my first quilting teacher's place to pick up a quilt rack. They are in the process of purging...I think in preparation for downsizing. Her husband had made it, which made it even more special. I asked him to sign the back. I love a story, and this piece has a story. I'll add the story on the back later.


When we arrived, I just HAD to take a picture of her barn block :)


Getting out of the car, I noticed that they have quite an abundance of wild strawberries along their driveway. They were all in bloom. Too bad the berries are gone before we mere humans can enjoy them....at least up here. Apparently they are very sweet and favourable.

After leaving their place, Steve and I headed into town for a late (quite late) lunch, and we took some other back roads to head back home....so that we could make a stop and Sandhill Nursery to pick up some herbs and cherry tomato plants. They won't get planted for a while yet as they still need to be hardened (they haven't spent time outside of the greenhouse/shelter).


I was happy to be taking the back roads home because I wanted to take a picture of something I saw last year that I thought was really cool. There was a new build on one of the roads and the homeowners used the roots of the trees they removed to create a sort of "fence" along the road. They had turned up the stumps...as if the trees had fallen over...and placed them side-by-side with the roots sort of overlapping each other. Unfortunately they've added a LOT of other wood on top and around, and it no longer looks as cool as when they started. So sad :(


When we got home, we decided to spend the rest of the afternoon in the gazebo. Steve just read, but I spent time on a few things....reading, iPad time, and working on my calendar book.

Steve was going to make supper tonight (wings, garlic toasts, and napa salad), so when we headed in, I decided to use the time to get some more quilting done. I assembled Section 9 of Wanderer's Wife, and then, since Section 9 and 10 were already assembled, I was able to get the homework piece of joining 8, 9, and 10. I got Steve to hold it up on the deck so that I could get a picture in natural light (the colours always look better that way).


A few more blocks to make and only 7 more sections to assemble. I am so excited!!! Now I think I've done enough rambling for today :)

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...