Friday 6 May 2022

Summer Ready :)

 Not a lot to share tonight.

We are pretty much "summer ready" with the gazebo. We do need to get the mesh up yet, but so far....knock on wood....the mosquitoes and black flies have not yet begun. However, with all the warm, sunny weather we've been having recently, it won't be long. I would not be surprised if we're dealing with mosquitoes in the next couple of days.


A couple of weeks ago, on one of my whirlwind tours to Brantford, I stopped at Sawdust City (a craft brewery) in Gravenhurst to pick up some "Skinny Dippin' Stout" for Steve. He does enjoy a beer from time to time. While there, I decided to pick up one each of 4 other beers for him to try. I know he doesn't like anything that tastes to "hoppy". So, usually lagers are a safe bet. These are the four I bought him...which he has now finished....and he says each one of them was quite pleasant. Good to know!


I had a good chuckle today as I was getting organized to run errands today. But...I need to set the stage first. This morning, as Steve was getting ready for work, he commented that he was out of applesauce. The rest of the conversation played out like this (all of it with laughter and teasing in our voices):

Me: Did you write it down in the book so that I know I need to pick some up.

Steve: No...not yet!

Me: How am I supposed to know you need some if you don't write it down.

Steve: I'm sorry....I'll be perfect tomorrow.

Me: You know, hon, when you get down to the last few, you should write it down.

Steve: Okay....I'm on it!!! Like I said, I'll be perfect tomorrow!

Me: Write it down!

He wrote it down and then headed off to work. Later on, when I was getting organized to hit the road, I had a look at the book to see what I needed to add to my grocery list. And here is why I had to laugh. In the book, Steve had written "I will be perfect tomorrow".

He LITERALLY did what I told him to do! Of course, I then had to hurt my brain trying to remember what it was that he was out of. Funny guy! I did eventually remember that it was applesauce that I was to pick up.

When I got home, I did begin getting some of the weekend cleaning done...not much. I will continue to work on that tomorrow. We'll see how far I get before some special guests arrive...but more on them tomorrow :D

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...