Wednesday 1 June 2022

A Busy Day

 This morning I needed to take Mom to the hospital for her first cataract surgery. I dropped her off at the entrance and went to park the car planning on heading in to find her after parking. Where I ended up parking had this house across the street. It had all manner of wood crafts, with a sign that the various objects were for sale. Lots of cute stuff, but I had no time to waste :(

When I got back to the entrance, I was told that I was not allowed in the hospital....only patients. Hmmm! I had thought that I would be waiting in a sitting area for Mom to be ready to go home. I was told no...that they would call me when it was time to pick her up. They only allowed me to go down to Day Surgery to find her as I told them I was sure she wouldn't remember my number by heart. Since it was going to be 2 hours (at least) before she'd be ready to be picked up, I headed back to their home. It was FAR to hot and humid to be waiting in the car for 2 hours...even with the windows down.

In the lot next to my parent's place they are busy constructing a 14-floor housing structure. I'm not sure if they'll be condos or apartments. Right now, there's a VERY large crane on site. This crane, whether it's the counter-weights or the actual hook line, is generally hanging over the road that I have to drive on enroute to my parent's home. Is it crazy of me to shiver a little each time I have to drive under that crane??? I have horrible imaginations of the thing collapsing as I pass under...or of it dropping those HUGE counter-weights. It's the same feeling I get when I'm behind one of those transport trailers full of cars going to a dealership. What if some cables/chains snap and one of the vehicles falls onto the highway in front of me. As unlikely as it may seem, it COULD happen :(


When it came time to pick up my Mom, I was told to pull up in the circle drive and wait until I saw them bring out my mother. Then, I was to pull up to the area directly in front of the entrance. It was absolutely crazy!!! The cars in that circle drive were at least 2 cars thick all the way around the whole drive. In one spot (you can see it in the photo if you look carefully) there was even 3 cars side-by-side in the drive. Holy crap this wing of the hospital is busy!!!


We scooped up a cooked chicken, roasted potatoes, and a coleslaw from the deli counter before heading home for lunch. And then, about mid-afternoon, we headed back to town to the surgeon's office so that he could check Mom's eye to ensure all was as it was supposed to be. She was informed that she would not be allowed to drive until the second eye was done and her glasses had been corrected. I think that's a great concern for Mom. Even though she is driving considerably less....doesn't even really like driving all that much anymore....she does not like the idea of losing that freedom.

With her not being able to drive, she was concerned that we pick up a few more groceries so that she wouldn't run out of anything. Not to worry, Mom....I need to come again next week because you have to come back to the surgeon's office for another follow-up check-in :)  We did, however, go and pick up a few more grocery items anyway :) Now I am definitely ready for some sleep.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

1 comment:

  1. I have always had that phobia about car carriers when driving near them ! Glad to know I am not the only one lol.

    ReplyDelete

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...