Sunday 8 May 2022

Happy Mother's Day!

Whether you have biological children, adopted children, chosen children, two-legged children, four-legged children, no-legged children (snakes)....Whatever it may be, I wish you all a very happy Mother's Day! :D

For me, it was a VERY lazy day!!! I have to confess...it was needed! 

My other half, though, kept very busy throughout the day. He planted the potatoes today (they are less affected by cold/frost).

While I was out snapping a photo of that, I noticed that the garlic, rhubarb, and chives have come up :)



This is such a lovely time of year to be outside. There is sunshine and warmth without being overly hot, and the mosquitoes have not started. While I did notice a few (very few) black flies starting, they are not yet biting. 

Steve also took care to TWO dump runs today. Not only did he deal with the "general" garbage generated each week or so, he also cleaned up a bunch of "garbage" that had begun to accumulate around the perimeter of the property....including the stuff that was behind the wood shed!


I checked in with several of the mothers I am close with, and heard from the kids (biological or chosen) today. Our youngest "detoured" to visit us on their way home to Ottawa (Guelph....his mom....to here, to Ottawa....quite the detour). It was definitely very nice to see Brianne and Colton.



 We were also grateful for their visit as they provided assistance with getting the dock together for the summer season :)


On this day, Himself is fond of reminding me that I am not his mother. Still....he did spoil me by cleaning up around the yard (he knows how much that means to me), and by spoiling me with one of my favourite dinners....his wings and fries :P

I have seriously enjoyed my day today! I hope you have too!!!

And on that note, I wish you all a very good evening!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...