Saturday 7 May 2022

Special Guests

 I have to confess....I have NO photos for today. Oh no!!!

It was a very busy day. Being Saturday, and having basically usurped my daily plans for getting jobs done by heading to Brantford every week lately, it was a day of house-cleaning. While I was looking after house-cleaning, Steve was working on a number of things outside....getting the gardens ready, spraying the perimeter to deter ants, covering the chimneys with mesh (to keep out mosquitoes.....yes, they find their way into the house through the chimneys).

I got all of the cleaning done on the main floor and then guests arrived. Carol, a quilter from the Dunchurch area came (to deliver a parcel to Elaine), and Elaine (who was picking up some mixed media stuff and dropping off some templates for me). It was SO lovely to actually MEET 2 of the people that I've been "visiting" with through Zoom. We spent a lovely chunk of time just visiting and chatting. I guess because we've met through Zoom before, it did not feel awkward at all! I very much enjoyed the visit with these ladies. I hope to be able to connect with them again in the future :)

Later this afternoon, after much of the work was accomplished, Steve and I took some time to enjoy a beverage and the beautiful weather on the upper deck, followed by our afternoon walk with Lady Jade. We ended our afternoon/early evening with chicken kababs, done on the BBQ, and a wild rice medley.

I shall try to get some photos tomorrow. They really do add to the post, I think.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...