Tuesday 24 May 2022

Life Slowed Down

Today just felt like a slower day....which I am very grateful for when they happen. I lingered over coffee. Tasha took Lady Jade for her morning walk. I did the dishes that didn't get done last night and put a load of laundry in, and then I spent time on my iPad and with my book. Nothing felt rushed :)

When I finally made my way downstairs to my sewing room, I got to work on this month's block for With Glowing Hearts. This block was certainly a challenge for me....even with the teacher's video instruction (as well as the pattern instructions). The first thing I had to do was create a chain (in essence) of triangles.


And it wasn't just one row of them. There are two rows that are couched together to make the sides. Add to that the fact that the corners of the block are all metered. I've never done metered corners before.There is quite a process to attaching the sides and closing the seams.


I did manage to get the whole thing together. It's not the flatest....I did have to use Best Press to get it to lie a little flatter...., and it's not perfect it size either, but it is done. I may just decide to replicate one of the other blocks in a different colour way rather than use this one in the quilt. We'll see!


T&T (as I affectionately call them) are still here. I'll be taking them home to Guelph tomorrow, dropping them off before heading to my my parents' place again (Mom has a phone consult with the pancreatic oncologist that's been assigned her case and I'd like to be there to hear what options will be presented). This afternoon, I snapped a pic of Tasha "pinging". Both of the kids really enjoy being able to do target practice, whether is be with the pellet guns, bows and arrows, or throwing knives. They spend some time each day at this activity...sometimes more than once in a day.


This evening, I asked Tasha to snap a picture of what I was working on (so rare to have both my hands in a picture), and she decided she needed to take a goofy selfie first :P

LOL...Yep! That's my girl. Hard to believe she's almost 31!!!

Anyway, this evening I worked on hemming the dress for my neighbour. It has two flowing layers that need to be done. I managed to finish the outside layer (the more difficult fabric to work with). I'm thinking I will just machine stitch the hem for the inner layer.


As I mentioned earlier, I'll be hitting the road again...after my Quilted Postcards class (through Thimbles & Things). It will likely be quite late before I get back home on Thursday, but I will be back to blogging on Friday.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...