Wednesday 18 May 2022

My Mother....So Important To Me!

 Years ago, when my mother was exploring Paper Tole Art, she made this as a gift, one each for my sister and I. The saying is "Mother holds her children's hands for just a little while...their hearts forever.


This is so true!!! I'm sure the reverse is also true!

Two nights ago, my mother, whose first bout with cancer (breast) happened 36 years ago, called to tell me that the recent issues she's been having with her pancreas are now confirmed to be cancer. 

In these last 36 years, my mother has had breast cancer twice (two different kinds), a double mastectomy, metastasis to the lungs, metastasis to the bladder, and metastasis to the armpit (a mutated form of the breast cancer). Each time, she has managed to survive. Of particular surprise is the fact that, with a medication called Arimidex, my mother's lung cancer appeared to disappear. Whether the cancer is her pancreas is actually pancreatic cancer or metastatic breast cancer, it is hard to be hopeful this time.

With this diagnosis, I believe that I will likely be away from home even more than I have recently been. I shall do my best to let my readers know when I will be away, and when I should be back to blogging.

If your mother is still with you, let them know what they mean to you 💜

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

2 comments:

  1. That six letter word which scares and terrifies all of us. Being there for your mother is a gift of time that you both will need. While being there for her don’t forget to take care of you as well. Sending hope and wishes for this time and forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather....I can't thank you enough. You are such a kind, sweet person, and I am so lucky that our paths have crossed <3

    ReplyDelete

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...