Wednesday 11 May 2022

What A Day :D

 It was so lovely on our walk this morning to see that the leaves on the trees have just begun to burst, and the red and white trilliums are in bloom.




It was a very busy, very productive day for me today. I began by painting the back of the first barn quilt blocks.

While that dried, I got ready to "sandwich" my Hip Hop quilt.


My UFO Club commitment was to get the flimsy completed, sandwiched, and pinned ready to quilt. I am happy to say I succeeded :)


My UFO Club commitment for next month will be to get this sandwich quilted. But for now, it needs to get set aside as I have SO much other homework that needs to get done in the next few weeks.

Once the back of the barn block was dry enough, I took it outside to give it the sealant coats that I hope will keep it looking good for some time. I also added the green paint to the other barn block I am working on. 



I also got some laundry going, and hung it outside on the retractable line we have under the deck. Normally, that line is used to hang the numerous swim towels we have when the kids are up, but it was so nice to use it for laundry today. Better than using hydro to dry the load :)


And while the laundry was washing, I got busy working on more quilting homework. I make a list in order of when the classes happen, and the class that is going to happen after the UFO Club is Wanderer's Wife. I have several blocks to make for it this month, and several of the sections to assemble. I got busy cutting the first block, but did not get it sewn. By the time I finished cutting it, it was time to take Her Ladyship out for her afternoon walk.


Just before heading out for our walk, I put the protective border around the sealed barn block, and then delivered it to it's new home. My neighbour doesn't even know yet that it's there! The block's pattern name is "Kind Neighbours" (from the Farmer's Wife quilt), and I think it is a VERY appropriate description of my neighbour. This was a "just because" gift that I've wanted to make for quite some time now :)


THAT was a good day!!!

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...