Thursday 12 May 2022

Slow, Easy Day

Steve has been working so hard getting all of our garden box-beds ready, and he's done all of it under his own power. None of the spaces are big enough to use a rototiller...and you just wouldn't even be able to get into the fenced section with one. So...he's been turning it all with a shovel, and breaking it up with a hoe. He's also been working in more compost/manure. All of this has his shoulders rather sore. He's been relying pretty heavily on A535....which he's now calling the "Super Secret Senior Stuff". I'm really not sure how it can be considered "secret". The wintergreen fragrance is so strong, it's hard to miss. The only thing left to plant are beans, herbs, and cherry tomatoes (we're not doing large tomatoes this year).

It seems that I have a day where I get LOTS done, followed by a day (sometimes 2) where I take a slower pace. Is that old-er age??? We even walked at a slower pace this morning. While we have a smattering of trilliums in our bush, our neighbour around the corner seems to have a plethora of them. So pretty!


We headed to the Home Building Centre in Burk's Falls today to pick up a bunch of pressure treated wood, as I have a new project in mind. I do love working on "building" projects :) I know the black flies are already quite bad, but I'm hoping to get started on this project tomorrow morning. I'll spray up to deter the little pests, and then shower once I come in for lunch. I hate keeping bug spray on any longer than I absolutely need to.


This afternoon, I continued to work on my homework for Wanderer's Wife. It was such a lovely day with a really pleasant breeze, I opened my sewing room window. However, the breeze was wreaking havoc with my pieces that I had laid beside my sewing machine. For quite some time now, I had planned on making some design boards, I just never seemed to get around to it. The blocks I was working on today were ones that were easy to "mess up" if you didn't focus carefully on the orientation of the pieces. So, I decided it was time to make at least ONE design board. A square of cork....a piece of fusible batting....a little elbow grease and voila....a design board! Problem solved!  :)


I managed to get two of the three "homework" blocks done today: Colour Wheel...


...and Hope From Hartford.


The third block, Old Maid Puzzle, is on its way.


Then I have 4 sections to assemble, and 3 sections to join together. If I can get that done tomorrow, I will be happy. Then it'll be time to move onto the homework for Long Time Gone. Hopefully I can get to that stage by Saturday. Fingers crossed!

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...