Friday 13 May 2022

Hot Stuff!!!

I actually woke up early this morning....not "ridiculous" early, but by 7:00. I was able to get a leisurely coffee in and still get Jade out for her walk before it got too hot. Steve was working today, so it was just Jade and I this morning.

When we got back from our walk, I got busy working on cutting and assembling the planter box that will go near the end of our driveway. I got the front piece and the back piece put together. Let me tell you, each of those pieces is quite heavy. This will need to be assembled at the end of the driveway, for sure! I have a feeling that it's heavy enough that it would survive a tornado :D

The piece with the two tall posts is the back piece. I am leaving the posts tall because I plan to design and carve a name sign...Echo In The North (the "Echo" pays homage to Steve's family's cottage on Georgian Bay...Windy Echo) for our property. Tomorrow's weather is not looking especially promising up here, so I'm not sure if I'll get the side pieces done tomorrow or not. I guess tomorrow will tell.

I am so grateful for my other half. We often banter ideas back and forth and then, when we land on an idea, he often executes it. We liked the idea of being able to hang some wash outside on the line under the deck....which is a retractable line that we put in order to dry the multitude of swimming towels when the kids are up....and talked about adding a second line next to the first one. Then, since the same retractable line downstairs (for drying during rainy weather) is able to go the length of the recroom and back, I suggested that maybe the outside line could extend around the corner of the deck. Suggest and you shall receive :)


That corner of the house typically gets the best breezes....and a good amount of sun.

I was a very hot day up here today....especially for mid-May!!! Look at those hourly temperatures. And take note of the "feels like" temperatures. Makes me wonder what this summer will hold if it's this warm already now :o


These warm temperatures and bright sunny days have things growing and greening up very quickly. It's actually surprising to watch the trees get their leaves. The day before yesterday, the buds were only just beginning to pop open. And today, those leaves are already almost half their full size. Nature is so incredible!



Steve only worked until 2:30 today, so when he got home we headed out to the gazebo to enjoy this lovely weather....while avoiding the black flies, which are becoming quite thick.


He doesn't look at all relaxed, does he????


Jade had been out with us, but she finds it difficult to settle when we're sitting around. She didn't seem to want to stay in the gazebo, but was too bothered by the black flies when she stayed outside of it. I ended up having to put her back inside :(

After sitting for a spell, we headed back inside. Steve was going to make supper tonight, so I headed to my sewing room to see what I could accomplish before supper was ready. I got the last homework block done for Wanderer's Wife...



....and got Section 3 assembled. 


I had hoped to have the other sections assembled as well today, but I'm okay with what I DID get done. If the weather is crapped out tomorrow, I can get an earlier start on the sewing. I might even be able to get started with the homework for Long Time Gone.

By the time I finished assembling Section 3, it was time for supper. Mmmmmmm!!! Burgers done on the BBQ :P Steve really does make amazing burgers. He even stepped up the burger by putting it on toasted ciabatta buns :)


I have "rambled" about a LOT of different things tonight!!! I hope I didn't bore you :)

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...