Wednesday 22 June 2022

Dog Days Of Summer

 We are in the midst of some VERY hot, humid days...what has been referred to as the "dog days of summer". This website explains how the name came to be...in case you're interested 😊.

On days like this, we don't usually walk Jade very far. It's just far too warm for a black dog let alone one with such a thick coat of fur. On days like this, if there's no one there, we'll take her down to the public beach nearby. 

Although she CAN swim, she really doesn't like to. She does, however, like to "sploosh" a bit in the water...but only up to her chest.

Our garden is doing incredibly well this summer. The mix of ran, and warm/hot/humid, sunny days has had quite the effect on plant growth. Not only do I have the tallest garlic I've ever had, our potato plants are GINORMOUS!!! I can't believe how tall they are. I hope the size of the plants bodes well for the number of potatoes we'll yield.


This afternoon, after getting back from a run to town (more on that tomorrow), I got busy working on my block for Quilts Of Valour for this month. 


I could have gotten it done, but I confess that I did not. Steve came in to say that, while it was still quite hot out, the humidity had reduced and "How about we got sit out on the deck for a while?" Quite often, we get caught up with the "should do" and don't take enough time to really appreciate what we have....especially when the weather gets nice and there is so much work to be done outside. As much as I really needed to get sewing done, being behind in so much of my homework for classes, it is equally important for me to have respite from the busy-ness that life has become driving 5 hours each week (fortunately I am not needed to head down this week) to look after my aging parents. We sat and listened to the Jazz channel on the Bose and read our books. Awesome! Time well spent!

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...