Monday 13 June 2022

"Monday Maniacs"

When I was walking the girls this morning, I noticed where the turtle had likely ended up laying its eggs. Unfortunately, sometime through the night something raided the nest 😞

Today was Zoom sewing with the "Monday Maniacs". As nice as it is to get together  face-to-face with others, it's always nice to have opportunities to sew with others while still remaining in the comfort of your own space. No gas expenses...not having to haul everything with you...no loss of sewing time doing the driving at either end. Awesome! And even more perfect because Carol pointed out that today was National Sewing Machine Day....a good day to use mine 😀

I used the time to work on finishing up Section 6 of Long Time Gone. I can't share it yet because we have our class' big reveal on Saturday. I still need to put on the border and stop-border. I'm heading down to Brantford again early tomorrow and staying until Thursday, so hope I can still get it done for Saturday once I am back home. I also have two other projects that need to be done for the weekend classes. Eeek!!!

As a quilter...an even as a sewer, in general...this is ALWAYS a hazard of the trade.


It's why I always change out of my "sewing clothes" before leaving the house.

When I let the dogs out for their business part-way through sewing this morning, I notice that my peonies have begun to bloom. I planted them 4-5 years ago. Up until last year, the plant did not bloom at all. I was starting to worry that it might never bloom. Last year, there were only two blossoms, and they weren't that healthy looking. This year looks like it will be a bumper crop. Peonies is another one of my favourite flowers.

And now, I need to start getting my stuff packed and organized for the morning. I need to leave earlier than usual so that I arrive in Brantford in time to take my parents to an appointment with their family physician.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...