Thursday 23 June 2022

Serious Sewing Day

 Today needed to be a serious sewing day. I had/have 3 classes worth of homework to get done....one today (Quilts Of Valour), one tomorrow (Tula Pink's Butterfly), and one Saturday (Modern Table Runner). But before sewing, I needed to help Steve get the boat trailer hooked up.  It was going to go and get the broken windshields repaired. The winter before this past one, the shelter it was stored in collapsed under the weight of a significant and very heavy snowfall. That bent bar above the boat is one of the bars from the shelterIt never made it into the water last year.....but we definitely want to get it in this year.



When I got to my sewing, I started with the QOV homework as I needed to get a photo of it posted on Instagram by the end of the day today. I go the block started, but took a break at lunchtime. 

I didn't look at the name of the block, but I really like it. I like the way it looks and I enjoyed making it. And...I got it posted to Instagram 😃


Then, I began work on the homework for Butterfly. The first part was quite easy....8 sections of strips (two of each kind).

After that, it was on to 8 pie blocks. These are considerably harder to make. The cutting itself took a fair bit of time, but the sewing is the really challenging part...sewing on a curve. I only managed to get 1 of the 8 done today. Hopefully the rest go a little faster tomorrow. I have decided, however, that I don't really like making pie blocks. I think I'd rather just make pie!



And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...