Friday 3 June 2022

I Like To Move It, Move It :D

So it turns out I am not alone in my fear/concern of following those car carriers. Heather feels the same way about them. Like her, I'm glad to learn that I am not alone in that feeling. Can you imagine if one of those back cars broke away and fell off???😵


When I was at Mom and Dad's, I took some special pictures, but I'm going to leave them for another day...maybe one when I have less to share. Also, I do not have any quilting to share today. 

While I was away, Molly (Lyn's French Bulldog, and Jade's best friend) came to stay with us for 2 weeks. Lyn is away on an Alaskan cruise. She now has real estate next to Jade in the bedroom at night....also right next to me. Here they are settled in for the night last night. They each even have their blankets on...although you can't see Jade's.


This morning, after walking both dogs (Steve was at work so it was up to me), I got busy doing some work outside. I was already sprayed up with Off! so it made sense to get some work done BEFORE heading in for a shower. I first moved some large stones (almost too heavy for me to lift into the wheelbarrow). I could only move them 2 at a time because the weight of more of them would have been too much for the wheelbarrow. As it was, the wheel did do some squeaking under the weight. I got them placed in a row. They would act to keep the gravel from moving away down the gradual slope there. 
And then I started moving loads of gravel. The pile was dumped in a space about 100 feet up the driveway. We got a "full" load as we need it to build up a few areas and soft spots on the driveway. 


Once upon a time, I would have been able to work non-stop for quite some time before needing a break. Now, I subscribe to "do 2 and sit a few". For every 2 rocks I moved, I sat a few minutes. And for every two loads of gravel I moved and raked, I sat a few again. It really was so lovely sitting under the canopy and listening to the birds and breeze. Exactly what is meant by "forest bathing" :)

So far, I'm not experiencing any soreness from my exertions today. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...