Monday 20 June 2022

Last Trip South and More...

My parents' home has so many photos spread around the house. The kitchen, the bathrooms, and the laundry room are the only spaces that do not have photos. Here are some of my favourites.

This is a photo of my parents taken almost 34 years ago on the day of my marriage to Steve.

Wedding photos of Steve and I (left) and my sister, Linda, and her other half, Gene (right).

Photos of my father's parents, Lise and Gerard.

Photos of my mother's parents, Maria and Jules.


Photos of my girls...Tasha with lighter hair and Brianne with darker hair. This was when the two of them were in high school.

Photo of my niece, Sydney....probably when she was in Grade 5 or 6.

There are SO many more photos...all of them making me smile.

During the evening following Mom's second cataract surgery, we sat down to watch Wheel Of Fortune and Jeopardy....something Steve and I often do as well (especially Jeopardy). At one point, I looked over at my folks and saw this.

They had BOTH fallen asleep in their chairs. Also gave me smiles!

In the spare bedroom that I was sleeping in, my mother STILL had the set of encyclopedias that my sister and I had when we were very young. I recall that someone came door-to-door, selling the first book (or 2). If you signed up, the remainder of the books would come, 1 or 2 each time, through the mail. I think the copyright date on this edition was 1963. I just may have to have a look through them next time and see what information is in them.


On my way back North again, I had booked a haircut at a friend's hairdresser's place in Cambridge. I still wanted to be able to put my hair up in a ponytail, so I just got it trimmed. She also layered it a small amount, and cut it to frame my face a bit. I have SO much thickness to my hair that she thinned the inner layer a bit. Part way through the haircut, my friend arrived. After the cut was done, the two of us headed out for a visit over lunch.


There is something SO wonderful to coming home each time I'm away. 


It's coming home to Steve and Jade...yes! But it's even more than that. This place makes me feel SO at peace! There is so much "Calm" here!

The day before coming back home, my neighbour, Lyn, got back home from her Alaskan cruise/vacation. When she came to pick up Molly, her French Bulldog we'd been looking after, she left a little something for me that she'd picked up in Skagway.

Such a lovely surprise! I plan on making it as a lap blanket for my other half 😁. He really liked the Northern Lights in the panel and the colours in the rest of the quilt.

Steve and I finally got the planter box lined. We added rocks in the bottom (in order to use less soil), and topped it with just over a foot of soil. I still need to do some trim work around the top. I hope to get that done tomorrow. I also have some plants (I picked those up today) ready to put into it. 


We worked on the box until almost 2:30, even working through lunch. Steve suggested we go to the local food truck about 7 minutes away. Heck ya!!!

Steve, not surprisingly order a burger and fries, and I, also not surprisingly, order my usual favourite!


Today being Monday, it was a sewing day with the Monday Maniacs. I decided to work on my Out Of The Box homework. The parameters this time were "stripes". Whatever we chose to make, we had to incorporate stripes somehow. As is usually my way, I like to make something that I will use. This time was no exception. I decided to make myself a "Needle Wallet"...a place to save sewing needles/sewing machine needles that still have use to them. The stripe component.....selvages 😀



I still need to label the "pages" for the sizes/types of needles that I will be saving. I followed that with a trip to our local nursery, Sandhill Nursery, to pick up the plants I will be putting into the planter box....hopefully tomorrow.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...