Saturday 11 June 2022

One Room At A Time

Today, I made the decision to begin the process of going through each room of the house one at a time. I will carefully go through everything in the room and decide what can stay and what needs to go. I thought I'd begin with the upper floor and work my way down from there. The challenge for today: the spare bedroom (also known as The Beaver's Den....I don't have a picture tonight to explain that one, but I will get one tomorrow). This room is often the dumping ground for laundry. It also "collects" boxes of "stuff".


The first thing I did was remove the boxes and all of the laundry. I confess that I have not dealt with either of those yet. What I did do was remake the bed with fresh "summer" sheets (not flannel), and fold/put away (into the blanket box) extra blankets and pillows. All of the artwork on the walls was still from when it was our bedroom, so that was next on the list. Switching things between the two rooms took up quite a chunk of time. 

I checked the dresser. The bottom drawer is allocated for the "Costco Health Overstock" (vitamins, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorants, razors, etc.). The remaining two drawers are empty so that guests can actually unpack when they arrive.

When I was dusting the room, I found a Scentsy wax warmer that I had purchased MANY moons ago. It was hiding behind Steve's aunt's Royal Doulton figurine. I decided it would be good to use that down in the basement where it sometimes gets a little musty.


When I finished this afternoon, I had managed to get the spare bedroom totally in order, dusted, and vacuumed. Yay!!!

I also got a few other things done, but I will leave those to share tomorrow as I did not get pictures taken. All in all, I'm happy with my accomplishments today :)

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...