Monday 6 June 2022

Oh My Memory!!!

 I am South again....this time at my daughter's (in Guelph) first. The long drive and visiting with her and Thomas is the only excuse I have for forgetting to blog last night. It seems as life is getting busier...trying to keep everything straight on my "to do" list, my memory is being somewhat compromised. Does that happen to anyone else, or should I be getting worried that this might be more than a busy life??? 😟

Anyway.... On Saturday, I managed to get enough gravel/sand mix moved to level the area for the planter box. Steve then helped me to screw the sides of the planter together. Each of the sides is so heavy that we had to assemble it where it was going to sit. It still needs to be trimmed out and lined with plastic before I can do the planting, and it needs a cross brace at the top of the poles, but it is now in place 😄. The two long poles will eventually hold a sign I plan to make saying "Echo In The North".


I'm very excited as I've noticed that my Siberian Irises are soon going to bloom. These were from a clump a friend, Laurie, gave me when she split hers. Irises, peonies, poppies, Gerber daisies and sunflowers are my favourite flowers. Maybe when I get back home the irises will be blooming. I'm hope not sooner as they don't last long and I want to see them!

So, I've been reading this book for some time now.
 
It was one of my choices for "Sweet Reads" with my friend, Mary. I figured it was going to be a good choice because it's a "Heather's Pick", but I am quite seriously slogging my way through it. I am so eager to be done it so that I can begin Mary's choice... It Ends With Us, which looks like a very interesting read.
When I arrived in Guelph yesterday afternoon, the Potter's Market was on. Who needs more pottery? Who needs another mug? I guess I really don't, but I did want another mug. I was most interested in finding "the tile lady". She makes individual tiles of various sizes and colours, and assembles them to make the most amazing plaques. 

I love this colour way, and would like to commission her (at some point) to make some 5x5 (about 1/4 the size of this) sets to use in my kitchen at some point....once we do a proper renovation. It will not be cheap, though. Each 5x5 configuration will cost $40-$50. I just think they would look so awesome interspersed with some fairly plain tiles.
Last night, I took Tasha out to shop for a bistro-type set for her balcony. With all her gardening stuff, she has limited space so it needed to be fairly compact. She also want to get something to provide some shade on really sunny days. I think she did very well with her finds. It's a lovely, cozy space to sit 😊

This morning after finishing my shower (before taking Tasha to her appointment in Kitchener), as I was hanging my towel on a chair to dry I noticed Tasha's duck.

When Tasha was 9 or 10, she painted this as a gift to her paternal grandfather. She chose this as a memory of the time her grandfather dove into the Georgian Bay (at the cottage) to save a duckling that was being attacked by a full-grown male....this after Tasha screamed for her grandfather to come help the baby duck.
This evening, we enjoyed some Chinese food for dinner. And now that we are replete, we are either ready to watch a movie, or have a nap. We'll have to see which option wins!
And on that note, I wish you all a very good evening!
TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...