Thursday 9 June 2022

Creature Of Habit

I have often jokingly said that Jade is very much a "creature of habit". She follows a routine, and lets you know if you've forgotten something...like when it's time to go for a walk. As long as her routine is followed, she is a content Lady.

Truly, it seems that I, too, am a creature of habit. I like to get up in the morning and enjoy my coffee. Then, head out for the first walk of the day. That's usually followed with breakfast and then I get on with the business of the day. Sometimes I start with my sewing for the day, and sometimes I get busy with some of the "homework" that needs to be done. There's a break for lunch (and occasionally a short nap), and then back to the business of the day. Supper usually happens at about 7:00, and we watch Jeopardy at 7:30. Generally, between 7:30 and 8:30 I blog. What I have found, however, is that if you take me out of that normal routine, things start to fall apart. I start to forget to do things...like watering plants, or banking and bills.....or.....blogging. As much as I might sometimes find it droll or boring, I definitely seem to do best with a routine, just like Her Ladyship.

My only worry, however, is whether I need to be more concerned about my mental gaps? Is it just because I am so busy that I am forgetting things? Is it because my mind is on other things...like worry over my parents? Is it possible that I'm potentially having issues with early-onset Alzheimer's? I'm not sure! At what point, I wonder, should I be reaching out to my doctor? Maybe I'll have a chat with my other half first and see what he thinks.

Looking forward to a couple of projects I want to get done this summer, Steve and I went to order a load of rocks from our local guy. He arrived later that afternoon with a mixed load...perfect for what I have planned....but you'll have to wait to see what the plans are.

While I was in Guelph, my son-out-law (he hasn't married the girl so he's not a son-IN-lawπŸ˜‰) made us a vegetable curry. It was so incredibly yummy, I decided last night to make a big batch of it (so I could freeze some after dinner). We added chicken to the dinner as well, which just brought it up even more.

This morning's coffee was in the new mug I bought at the Potter's Market on the weekend. This mug is such an amazing size but more importantly, the handle is so comfortable on the hand. With all of my pottery mugs, I realized that I was vacillating to the mugs with the most hand-friendly handles. So now, I'm looking for that in the mugs that I buy going forward.

Once the usual morning routine was completed and it was time to get on to the business of the day, I decided to work on some sewing. I've been trying to get all of the bits and pieces of Long Time Gone together (we have the big reveal on June 18th). So far, sections 1-4 are totally assembled and sewn together. Today, I managed to get section 5 put together. Once section 6 is together, 5 and 6 will be sewn together and then joined to 1-4. I'll then have to add borders (and whatever else I need to make it large enough for a double bed). I really like how it's coming together!


I had my two supervisors with me to make sure I was doing a good job. these two girls are such good company...for me, but more importantly, for each other.


I didn't break away for lunch until almost 1:30, and then I had a call with a friend (my "Sweet Reads" buddy). I followed that with reading and relaxing today as I was still feeling quite tired from the latest whirlwind tour. I'm still reading The Weight Of Ink....almost done, though. It took about two-thirds of the book before it really hooked me, but then it REALLY hooked me. I had been tempted on more than one occasion to drop this read. I'm so glad I persevered! I only have about 20 pages left calling to me.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...