Sunday 26 June 2022

Super Sunday :D

 It was such an awesome day today 😁

The day began with the "Out Of The Box" class. Boy....The people in this class are VERY creative....although some of them would say they're not... and they really inspire me in so many ways. Some of them inspire me because their projects make me want to try what they've done (maybe in my own way), and others inspire me with their freedom (they know how to play!!!). I really need to work on learning how to play when quilting. It should not always be about a finished piece....or a "perfect" piece. So funny....I used to tell my students that our best learning comes from our mistakes. And yet, I seem to averse to making mistakes. I really have to change that! My current biggest quilting fear/aversion is free-motion quilting. Yesterday's class, the Modern Table Runner, is going to be the perfect opportunity for my first concerted effort at play!

Our "Out Of The Box" challenge for the upcoming month is to use a dark fabric and bright embellishments. We're also supposed to try doing something (a technique or whatever) that we haven't done before. I am excited to figure out what I want to do. I LOVE this class!!!


A little later in the morning, it was time for the second day of Elaine's Quilting Retreat by Zoom. I love these sessions. Lots of good company and good conversations! She offers this one weekend a month, and ANYONE is welcome...for a few minutes, or for the long haul. She post the link each month on her blog. If you're interested, check her out....Crazy Quilter On A Bike. I love reading her blog each morning over my morning coffee 😊.

When I logged into the retreat, I felt like I wasn't quite in the right mind space to begin sewing right away, so I decided to update my quilting calendar, recording the classes until the end of the year, and the homework for the next month. My last calendar ran from July to June (a student calendar). What I loved about this calendar was the space for notes to the left of the calendar each month. Since July is pending, I've been keeping my eye out for the student calendars to come back in to Staples. Usually they are there by now so I asked one of the support staff when they'd be coming in. Apparently, there is a paper shortage since COVID. Seriously??? I had no idea. She did not seem to know when they would come in, so I had to buy a January-December 2022 calendar to finish out the year. It's from the same company as the student calendar, but do you see the difference when I lay the old calendar over the new one?


A good portion of the "note" section is taken up with a full-year calendar. What??? There's not as much space for me to record homework??? Hmmm! Do you think maybe they're trying to tell me I need to sign up for fewer classes so I don't have as much homework?!?!?! Hah! I have a plan in case I need more space 😏. I have some over-sized Post-it Notes pads!

After I got the calendar update done, I was ready to begin sewing. I began by finishing up the "Pie Blocks" for Tula Pink's Butterfly.

Then, I had unfinished work to do for Wanderer's Wife. I managed to get one of the blocks totally done...the Pershing block.


I also got half of another block called "Crazy Anne" done. By then, it was time for me to sign off and head upstairs to contribute my efforts to our Sunday dinner. I really like that we are trying to recapture the past by not shopping on a Sunday, and by preparing what we remember as "Sunday Dinner". On tonight's menu....BBQ'd rotisserie chicken, baked potatoes, StoveTop Stuffing, and a salad with lettuce from our own garden 😃. Now we're watching shows on the Magnolia channel...lots of renovating-type shows.

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...