Wednesday 24 November 2021

Graphic Jam Again

 Like quilting, there is a pattern to my days. In the morning, I wake up and have coffee while making some notes/lists. I play Words With Friends 2. I read a friend's quilting blog. I play "On This Day" on the local radio station, and then I/we (when SW isn't working) walk the dog. Jade really does love her walks each morning. If SW and/I don't move fast enough for her liking, she lets us know with a look.


Of course, it's always a highlight for Jade when she gets to see friends on the walk. Today's visits included Abby and Buddy, both Border Collie breeds.




When the walk is done, I generally eat breakfast....enjoying a second cup of coffee.....and then get on with sewing and/or housework. In the evenings, SW and I generally unwind by watching some TV, and then reading or playing on our iPads while listening to Jazz music. And now, I've added blogging to this mix :)

Today, I began work on the second set of blocks for Graphic Jam, aptly named "Tangerine Tangents". First, I cut the necessary fabric pieces as per the patterns instructions.


This is a paper piecing pattern. While it's not necessarily very fast....there is a lot of folding back paper and trimming involved...., it is satisfying to see sharp points/corners and seams.



However, if you don't carefully gauge where to lay your next piece of fabric to be stitched on, you might find that you misjudged once you iron it back, finding that there's a corner missing :(

Oh well! This one's not too bad. I think I can make it work.

I managed to get the centre block of the plus sign completed and then my supervisor showed up to inspect my work. Actually, she was there to let me know that it was time to get out for our second walk of the day.



Can you hear her saying "Mummah....It's time to pound the pavement! Leave the sewing! Let's go!"


"Seriously, Mum....Can we go now?!?!?"

When we got back from our walk I continued work on the blocks for Tangerine Tangent, and managed to get them done just before it was time to make supper. Whew!!!


A pretty good day, I'd say :)  And now it's time to pack it in for the night.

I wish anyone reading this a good night with a restful sleep :)

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...