Tuesday 23 November 2021

So…this blogging thing is something entirely new for me. I was inspired by a quilting friend of mine to try give it a go. It will be anything but polished!…but that is okay ๐Ÿ‘Œ!

Why “The Twirling Dervish”? Before I retired, I often felt like the more urban definition of a “whirling dervish”: a person with boundless and irrepressible energy. I would feel like I was going in a million different directions, trying to accomplish as much as possible in a day. Since retiring, I have slowed down some, but I still do set myself up for busy days. The word substitution is a quilting reference. For those who might not know, one “twirls” the intersection where a number of seams come together in order to make the block lie flatter. And so….I have traded the crazy-busy life of a teacher to that of quilter/crafter/builder/gardener/landscaper/…. I continue to be full of boundless and irrepressible energy most days, most of which is directed toward quilting.

Take today, for example…
I rose at 7:30. I enjoyed a morning cup of coffee while making some notes, reading a friend’s quilting blog, and playing 5 rounds of Words With Friends 2 with a bestie. I then played “On This Day” with members of the local radio team (a trivia game; you text in answers), and followed that with walking Jade. She definitely loves this time of year! While I was still dressed for cold weather, I hauled firewood into the house and cut some trim to embellish a door.

And that was all before 10:30! There’s really is some truth to the early bird adage. I allowed myself a break for some breakfast after that!

My plan after that was to get busy with some sewing work. I am dreadfully behind on the homework for several of my Zoom quilt classes (work and the numerous outdoor projects this summer/fall), but am slowly making headway on catching up. This morning I finished the blocks that will, when sewn together with the background, become the first “plus” in a quilt called “Graphic Jam” (by Sassafras Lane Designs), and then moved on to creating this blog page (Can you say “Holy learning curve!”)


Now I need to get showered and head into town to pick up some groceries. After that….who knows!?! But, no matter how I choose to fill the remainder of this day, I do wish anyone reading this a lovely afternoon and evening ๐Ÿ˜Š
TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...