Thursday 25 November 2021

"Dampened" Spirits?

 Does damp, dull, rainy weather "dampen" your spirits? It can for me sometimes, and other times...it's just a good excuse to curl up with a good book or enjoy less demanding activities (puzzling, adult colouring, ???). I think that these days can affect your mood, but I also think it's what you make of it. Putting on some upbeat music and engaging in pleasing activities certainly helps to overcome the doldrums. And knocking jobs off your list is always pleasing. You just need to have a plan.

My morning began as usual....with a cup of coffee. In my kitchen, there is a shelf that is filled with a variety of mugs...most of them actually pottery mugs. 


Each day, my other half, who is almost-without-fail up before me, selects a mug for my day and prepares the Keurig with my first cup of coffee for the day. In the interest of being environmentally friendly, we use a reusable basket in our machine. His 
selection for me today?


After my usual morning routine with coffee, it was time to walk Her Ladyship. My other half and I have quaint little names for each of our walks. One of our walks is called "The Turquoise Flamingo" walk.


Another one is called the "Whatever Floats Your Boat" walk.


We used to call this one the "King Rock" walk. This driveway was part of the property next to it, and there used to be this massive rock blocking the entrance. The property has since been severed and the new owner, who plans to build a home on the lot, has removed the rock.


These walks are all segments of a larger walk that I will share with you now.


Today, I decided that regardless of the rainy weather, Jade and I (SW was working today) would do "The Highway To Hell" walk.


Why do we call it this??? Well, it takes our road out the the highway, AND there are two significant hills on this walk...one heading out to the highway, and one heading back.



Since the pictures do not do justice to the hills, let me put it into perspective. Upon returning from the walk (and accounting for my minimal activity before going on the walk) my Fitbit registered that I had completed almost 5000 steps and 17 flights (each flight counts for 10 feet in elevation). It's no wonder I'm a little breathless at the summit of each hill!

I did not get much done for "my craft" today....no sewing :(  I did, however, get the fabric for the next group of Graphic Jam blocks done.


This block is called "Orange Oscillations".


On that note...I am off to begin supper preparations, and then settle into the usual quiet routine of the evening. I wish you all a very good night!

TTFN

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE The Highway from Hell walk!!! And the Traffic Jam quilt is going to be amazing. I'd love to make it, but no time at the moment.
    Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traffic Jam has been a fun one to make. However, I think it easily could carry over a year :)

    ReplyDelete

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...