Monday 29 November 2021

The Calm Before The Storm

 This past weekend, SW and I decided to get away with our friends from Cambridge. I took along the new cord that SW purchased for me to be able to download my pictures from my phone (leaving his at home) only to find that it was not compatible with an iPhone. Hence, no posts for the weekend :(

We had a LOVELY time at a place called Elmhurst Resort. This was the view from our cabin.



It was a beautiful, crisp morning on Saturday, so we decided to walk the trail that followed the lake edge. There was a thin layer of ice at the edge of the lake, and the waves moving under the ice were making a very interesting sound....almost like birds chittering.

Along the path, we found this stone chair. The Elmhirst Resort is a family owned/run business, and this chair was placed to commemorate the ancestors who began the resort.


A little further along the path, we learned that you could book seaplane flights....at least, in the summer.



On Saturday afternoon, we decided to "stimulate the economy" by doing a little shopping in Keene. As well as a candle shop, where I bought 2 lovely fruit scented soy candles, we visited a place called Patricia's Gift Shop. I was able to purchase a lovely Christmas table cover by way of thank you to our neighbour who was looking after Jade for us.


Even though we were at the resort to relax and enjoy each other's company, I had planned to get some fabric cut for my homework that was to be completed for tomorrow. I even packed everything I needed to get the job done.


Alas....you know what they say about the best laid plans. I DID NOT get any fabric cut.....but I did have a lovely weekend!!!

And on that note, I wish you all a very good night :)  I will write about today's adventures as part of tomorrow's post.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Memories Captured

  Yesterday's appointment for Mom was the dental surgeon. She had several teeth removed in case she decided she was going to do chemo. S...